So this month’s Wildknitting challenge was Australia, the Great Barrier Reef and more specifically, sharks! I opted to do a trade again, and rather than go for the obvious option of a cuddly toy, I decided to have a bit of a play.

First I googled how shark skin looked under a microscope…

And then I looked for a stitch pattern that resembled it, with luck, I found a hat pattern that had the perfect one on it! And free too! Zinnia Dahlia by Petra Hoy – I worked the slipped stitches in a metallic grey and the rest in a soft grey wool to give…

As well as a hat, I did a matching cowl, and to make it extra shark like, added teeth! Here’s the finished result.

I’m pretty happy with the result, and the slipped stitch pattern definitely has potential for a few future projects. But those will be a long time off as I have a very long list of projects to get in with in the mean time!

So until next week, stay safe!

Wool Count

Starting total – 704

Wool used – 140 (1 this week)
Wool bought – 28
Wool given to me – 318
Wool gifted to others – 8
Wool handspun – 16

Total – 912

Tagged with: , , ,
2 comments on “Shark!
  1. Rabbie says:

    What a really cool twist on the shark themed swap! Looks like this challenge is encouraging you to think outside the box a bit.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.