So this month’s Wildknitting challenge was Australia, the Great Barrier Reef and more specifically, sharks! I opted to do a trade again, and rather than go for the obvious option of a cuddly toy, I decided to have a bit of a play.
First I googled how shark skin looked under a microscope…
And then I looked for a stitch pattern that resembled it, with luck, I found a hat pattern that had the perfect one on it! And free too! Zinnia Dahlia by Petra Hoy – I worked the slipped stitches in a metallic grey and the rest in a soft grey wool to give…
As well as a hat, I did a matching cowl, and to make it extra shark like, added teeth! Here’s the finished result.
I’m pretty happy with the result, and the slipped stitch pattern definitely has potential for a few future projects. But those will be a long time off as I have a very long list of projects to get in with in the mean time!
So until next week, stay safe!
Starting total – 704
Wool used – 140 (1 this week)
Wool bought – 28
Wool given to me – 318
Wool gifted to others – 8
Wool handspun – 16
Total – 912