A quick post of a quick project!
It’s a washcloth, made following the free pattern Kitty Prints Dishcloth by Louise Sarrazin. I’m in the process of updating a few of our washcloths that have been worn thin from sheer use!
This one will be for Inkling, who is currently going through a ‘cat, cat, meow’ stage with his babbling, Felix has chosen something more interesting though for hers!
But more on that when I’ve made it. Which is after a much larger project that’s nearly off the needles, but there’s a story to that! Which I’ll tell you about she they’re done.
I do have one story to tell, though it’s more of a confession… You see, last week I mentioned in the wool count that I had to buy a ball of wool for a commission. Which is true. Except…it wasn’t quite the shade I wanted. It looks good, and works, but it wasn’t what I wanted in my head. I checked three shops for this wool with no luck. Then I was in town on Sunday and there it was.
The exact colour I had been looking for.
The exact weight I had been looking for.
And on clearance.
But only sold in packs of 10.
So now my wool count is higher than I had initially started with at the beginning of the year. Oh well!
Oh, and I was given four balls of wool as well for fixing a jumper for someone else.
So yeah, wool count is truly screwed…
Starting total – 576
Wool used – 9
Wool bought – 13 (it was on clearance!)
Wool given – 4
Wool gifted – 0
Total – 584 (I’m actually up 8 balls of wool…)